Detailed Job Description
Strathcona Resources Ltd. (“Strathcona”) is a Calgary, Alberta based crude oil and gas production and development company focused on maximizing oil and gas recovery from its low decline, high free cash flow oil and gas resource base. Strathcona’s operations, infrastructure and land position are focused in British Columbia, Alberta and Saskatchewan.
Strathcona is presenting seeking a full time Pipeline Integrity Coordinator for its Saskatchewan assets based in Lloydminster, AB or Macklin, SK.
Reporting to Pipeline Integrity Team Lead, the incumbent provides support to field operations, facility engineering, asset integrity and other stakeholders to promote safe, reliable, cost effective and environmentally responsible operation of pipelines and related assets owned and operated by Strathcona.
The position can be based out of either Strathcona’s Macklin SK or Lloydminster AB office with regular travel to operating facilities in West Central Saskatchewan.
• Assist in the implementation and sustainment of Strathcona’s Pipeline Integrity, Maintenance and Operating Programs
• Support various pipeline monitoring and inspection initiatives and provide field coordination including inline and riser inspections, integrity digs, non-destruction inspection, cathodic protection and right-of-way surveys, corrosion coupons, liner vents, isolation valves, water analysis
• Support mitigation programs including chemical programs and pigging
• Review and document pipeline integrity field data, records, and reports
• Supports pipeline risk assessments and line-by-line reviews
• Review pipeline related Management of Change (MOC’s)
• Support regular pipeline Field Integrity Meetings (FIM’s) and manage action items
• Ensure pipeline inventory, maps and license data are accurate up to date
• Assist with internal and regulatory pipeline audits and conformance reviews
• Support pipeline commissioning, discontinuation, and abandonment programs
• Support failure analyses, incident investigations and mitigation programs
The preferred candidate possesses the following:
• Post-secondary education in a technical field
• Advanced computer skills, familiar with all Microsoft applications. Experience with pipeline management software and mapping
• Familiar with codes and regulations for pipeline construction, operation, maintenance, and integrity management
• Knowledge of pipeline and facility construction, processes and activities that affect pipeline and pressure equipment integrity
• Knowledge of corrosion mechanisms and NDT techniques common to oil and gas production in Western Canada
• 3 to 5 years operational experience and a solid understanding of oil and gas production including pipelines, oil batteries and water injection facilities
Strathcona offers a competitive compensation package and the opportunity to participate in the growth of a dynamic oil and gas company.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Strathcona. Only applicants that meet requirements will be contacted.