As part of the 101 Avenue (Main Street Lac La Biche) Surface and Utility Revitalization Project, Elite Site Services and its subcontractors will be starting Phase 1 of utility and roadway work, between 103 and 105 Street.
Overall Project Description: What is the 101 Avenue Surface and Utility Revitalization Project?
The 101 Avenue Surface and Utility Revitalization (Main Street Lac La Biche) project includes surface and utility replacements on 101 Avenue from 100 Street through to 105 Street. This is a multi-year project which will be completed in multiple phases, starting with Phase 1 this summer. The future phases are in the conceptual planning stage and the review and approval process is ongoing with Lac La Biche County Council and Administration.
Phase 1 of this project includes the design, tender, and construction of Richard Devonian Park, utility replacement (Water & Sanitary) from the west boundary of the 103 Street intersection to 105 Street (including a connection to the 104 Street water main), replacement of the concrete curbs and sidewalks and an asphalt overlay from 103 Street to 105 Street. Installation of the new utility lines will be completed using a combination of trenching and directional drilling.
Phase 1 Information
Timeline: Work starts Tuesday, July 6 to September 7, 2021 (tentative). Mobilization (gathering equipment and resources near the work site) begins June 29, 2021.
Scope of Work: Water main, sanitary sewer main, and lot service replacements, followed by curb, gutter, and sidewalk replacement and roadway resurfacing.
Hours of Work: 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Monday to Saturday. 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Sundays and statutory holidays (as needed).
Impact to Residents and Local Traffic
- Two lanes of traffic will be maintained for the majority of the project, with intermittent use of flaggers to direct alternating traffic.
- Noise and presence of construction equipment/traffic.
- Curbside collection will not be affected. Place containers in their normal locations.
- Temporary water services will be provided to affected residents and businesses. Residents are asked not to tamper with temporary water line, valves, or fittings.
- Several short-term water service interruptions will be required. Residents and business owners will be kept updated as to when these will occur.
Here is a map of the affected area:
Residents are asked to please respect all construction signage, fencing, and barricades, and to follow flaggers’ instructions.