A fire restriction is in effect immediately, June 29, for the MD of Bonnyville, Summer Village of Bonnyville Beach, Summer Village of Pelican Narrows and Village of Glendon.
- All fire permits are suspended
- Wood campfires on public lands
- Burn barrels
- Portable propane fire pits that are CSA approved or UL certified
- Gas or liquid fuel cooking devices that are CSA approved or UL certified and are designed exclusively for cooking or heating
- Catalytic or infrared style heaters that are CSA approved or UL certified.
- Wood burning campfires in fire rings or other purpose-built, permanent devices designed for containing campfires, within designed campgrounds on public land
- Charcoal briquette fueled fires on private land and within designated municipal campgrounds.
Essential burning can still occur by permit but only with permissions from a Fire Guardian. Fireworks are permitted by permit only in accordance with municipal bylaws outside the Forest Protection Area only. The fire restrictions do not apply to Cities and Towns.
Please monitor www.albertafirebans.ca daily for any updates or changes.
For further information contact Bonnyville Regional Fire Authority at 780-826-4755.