Two people have been arrested after Bonnyville RCMP received a complaint of an assault and that those involved could have a stolen vehicle on January 12.
Last Tuesday morning after 8:00am, RCMP members attended the scene and found the stolen vehicle, which was reported stolen out of Smoky Lake.
Police said while trying to talk to the suspects they fled from the RCMP member, who pursued the suspects.
With help from other members and Police Dog Services, police said they arrested two suspects in the Pelican Narrows area by Moose Lake.
Darryl Fontaine, 40, of Kehewin was charged with:
- Possession of property obtained by crime less than or equal $5000
- Resists/obstruct peace officer
- Flight from peace officer
- Dangerous operation of motor vehicle
- Operation while prohibited
- Fail to comply with release order condition
He was brought before a justice of the peace and remanded into custody. He will appear Bonnyville court on January 26.
Crystal Moosepayo, 40, of Kehewin faces assault and resisting/obstructing a peace officer charges, and was released on $50.00 cash bail to appear in Bonnyville.