Elk Point RCMP were dispatched to a report of a suspicious vehicle parked on Highway 897 in Frog Lake First Nations August 24th, leading to the arrest of a 28-year old Lloydminster man.
Police located the vehicle and found it had been reported stolen from Marwayne a few hours prior. Police approached the vehicle and located a male inside the truck with several long guns, a loaded handgun within reach, as well as 3 homemade swords.
When Police arrested the male, he attempted to reach for one of the firearms located on the passenger seat before being pulled out of the truck by Police. The firearms and the swords located inside the truck were also reported stolen.
Lonnie Ross Mcadam has been charged with:
- Possession of firearms obtained by crime (x3)
- Possession of restricted firearms without a licence
- Unauthorized possession of firearm in a motor vehicle (x4)
- Unauthorized possession of firearm (x4)
- Unsafe storage of firearm (x4)
- Possession of weapon for dangerous purposes (x8)
- Fail to comply with Probation Order (x2)
- Fail to comply with a Release Order
- Fail to comply with an Undertaking
- Possession of property obtained by crime over $5000
- Possession of property obtained by crime under $5000 (x5)
- Impaired care and control over 80 mg%
- Impaired care and control
- Operation of motor vehicle while prohibited
- Possession of firearms/ammunition contrary to an order (x7)
Mcadam was remanded into custody, and is set to appear in St Paul Provincial Court on September 10th.