Some sidewalks and trails in Cold Lake will be seeing an upgrade this construction season.
As part of the 2020 Sidewalks and Trail Connectivity Enhancement Project, five different areas will see improvements being made to allow for better pedestrian accessibility.
“Our sidewalks and trails are important in the city,” said Mayor Craig Copeland in a press release. “A lot of people use them to access different parks, and it gives safer access for pedestrians to reach popular areas.”
Included in the $200,000 upgrade plan is:
- Palm Creek, from 50 Avenue to 52 Avenue
- Palm Creek, from the existing Meadows Trail to 55 Avenue
- Brady Heights Park connection
- Forest Drive, from Forest Place cul-de-sac to 12 Street
- 7 Street cul-de-sac to 8 Street (Lefebvre Heights).
Work will begin in the coming weeks, and residents are reminded to be mindful of any construction signs and workers present. Work is expected to be completed by the fall.