Rain, at times heavy, is expected for the Lakeland region.
A low pressure system in Montana will move northward tonight and is expected to bring widespread rain to Alberta overnight into Sunday. Total rainfall amounts of 50-75 mm by Monday morning are likely.
For areas near Coronation and Medicine Hat, local rainfall amounts may be higher in thunderstorms tonight. Rain is expected to end by Sunday evening.
For areas near Edmonton and to the east, scattered showers this evening will become more widespread through the overnight period and will persist through Sunday before ending early Monday morning.
Heavy downpours can cause flash floods and water pooling on roads.
Rainfall warnings are issued when significant rainfall is expected.
Rainfall warning in effect for:
- Co. of St. Paul near Ashmont St. Vincent and St. Lina
- Co. of St. Paul near Elk Point and St. Edouard
- Co. of St. Paul near Lindbergh and Frog Lake
- Co. of St. Paul near St. Paul and Lafond
- Improvement District 349 including Cold Lake Air Weapons Range
- Lac La Biche Co. near Fork Lake
- Lac La Biche Co. near Heart Lake
- Lac La Biche Co. near Lac La Biche and Square Lake
- Lac La Biche Co. near Lakeland Prov. Park and Rec. Area
- Lac La Biche Co. near Plamondon Hylo and Avenir
- M.D. of Bonnyville near Beaverdam
- M.D. of Bonnyville near Bonnyville Ardmore and Kehewin Res.
- M.D. of Bonnyville near Cold Lake and City of Cold Lake
- M.D. of Bonnyville near Fishing Lake Smt
- M.D. of Bonnyville near Glendon and Moose Lake
- M.D. of Bonnyville near La Corey Wolf Lake and Truman
- Smoky Lake Co. near Buffalo Lake and Kikino Smts
- Smoky Lake Co. near Vilna Saddle Lake and Whitefish Lake