Effective immediately, the Alberta Court of Queen’s Bench, the Provincial Court of Alberta and the Alberta Court of Appeal are limiting services to essential and urgent functions due to COVID-19, the provincial government announced on Wednesday.
Alberta Court of Queen’s Bench
Hearings are limited to emergency or urgent matters only
Learn more: https://www.albertacourts.ca/…/covid-19-suspension-of-sitti…
Provincial Court of Alberta
- Limiting all regular operations
- If you have a family, civil, criminal court or a Provincial Offences/traffic court appearance, you do not need to attend UNLESS the matter is an in-custody or urgent criminal matter or an urgent family or child protection order.
- All Traffic Courts are closed
- No members of the public will be allowed unless they are required (counsel, parties, witnesses, media)
- Learn more: https://www.albertacourts.ca/pc/home
Alberta Court of Appeal
- Only persons necessary (counsel, litigants, media) should attend court.
- Filing deadlines have not changed.
- The Court’s Case Management Officers remain available to consider requests for extensions, fiats and other administrative directions.
- Learn more: https://albertacourts.ca/…/…/announcements/notice—covid-19