RCMP are advising motorist to stay off the roads unless travel is necessary.
Poor driving conditions are experienced throughout the Lakeland area highways.
White out and blowing snow conditions are expected throughout the day and into the evening.
Winter Storm Conditions
Hazardous winter conditions are expected.
Total snowfall accumulations of 10 to 20 cm are expected in the Cold Lake and Lloydminster regions by late tonight. Gusty winds up to 80 km/h will combine with the falling snow will produce near zero visibilities in blowing snow. Conditions are expected to improve early Sunday morning.
Consider postponing non-essential travel until conditions improve. Prepare for quickly changing and deteriorating travel conditions. Visibility will be suddenly reduced to near zero at times in heavy snow and blowing snow.
Winter storm warnings are issued when multiple types of severe winter weather are expected to occur together.
Winter storm warning in effect for:
- Co. of St. Paul near Ashmont St. Vincent and St. Lina
- Co. of St. Paul near Elk Point and St. Edouard
- Co. of St. Paul near Lindbergh and Frog Lake
- Co. of St. Paul near St. Paul and Lafond
- Improvement District 349 including Cold Lake Air Weapons Range
- Lac La Biche Co. near Fork Lake
- Lac La Biche Co. near Heart Lake
- Lac La Biche Co. near Lac La Biche and Square Lake
- Lac La Biche Co. near Lakeland Prov. Park and Rec. Area
- Lac La Biche Co. near Plamondon Hylo and Avenir
- M.D. of Bonnyville near Beaverdam
- M.D. of Bonnyville near Bonnyville Ardmore and Kehewin Res.
- M.D. of Bonnyville near Cold Lake and City of Cold Lake
- M.D. of Bonnyville near Fishing Lake Smt
- M.D. of Bonnyville near Glendon and Moose Lake
- M.D. of Bonnyville near La Corey Wolf Lake and Truman
- Smoky Lake Co. near Buffalo Lake and Kikino Smts
- Smoky Lake Co. near Vilna Saddle Lake and Whitefish Lake