Lakeland Connect is expanding its team! Are you ready to crush the new media game & explode online? We are for you!
We are looking to bring on a paid summer intern for May – August 2019, with possibility for continued employment.
Lakeland Connect is an online 24/7 newspaper, lakelandconnect.net, with complimentary social media pages @lakelandconnect. We average 3,500 unique views a day and 30,000 unique views per week in a 30,000 market.
We have the most followed social media pages in the region.
Reaching Alberta’s Lakeland; specifically, Cold Lake, Bonnyville, St. Paul, Elk Point & Lac La Biche. Based in Bonnyville, but employees can live within the Lakeland region.
We have taken the best parts of new media, traditional media, journalism, radio and television and forged them into an exciting new industry!
We need more trailblazers on our team.
The ideal candidate is
- Currently studying, or has been accepted into post-secondary, in the field of journalism, radio, television, broadcasting, media, communications, or marketing.
- Will be proficient in social media, specifically Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn.
- Knowledge of WordPress and Adobe platforms (Audition, Premiere, Photoshop etc.).
- Familiar with livestreaming, journalism (news, community & sports), and podcasts.
- Passionate about community and people!
- Works well in a team and is motivated to work independently.
- Ready to develop skills.
- Able to meet strict deadlines.
- Holds a Class 5 Drivers Licence and clean driver’s abstract.
- Has access to a vehicle.
When Applying Include:
- Resume with two references.
- Examples of your work; including written articles or editorials, videos you have created and edited, any marketing assets you have created, design work, on air demo, television demo reel, etc.
- Include social media handles for personal and/or professional pages that you have managed, created or are the admin for (if applicable).
- Include link to your YouTube Channel and/or podcast (if applicable).
- Include links to any websites that you have created or are currently managing (if applicable).
Director Lakeland Connect Media Inc.
Candidates must currently be enrolled in school, returning to school in the fall or starting post-secondary school in the fall. Late applications or applications without examples of work will not be considered.