On July 30, members of the Eastern Alberta District Rural Crime Reduction Unit (EADRCRU) in conjunction with members of the St Paul RCMP Detachment, acted on intelligence previously gathered to locate a male who’d been wanted on outstanding warrants since May 2018 in Saddle Lake.
Achell Cardinal (39) of Saddle Lake was located in a hidden location near a residence in Saddle Lake and found in possession of a loaded prohibited sawed-off rifle, substances which appeared to be cocaine and crystal methamphetamine, a stolen truck from Vegreville, stolen road signs from the County of St Paul, and air compressors.
Achell Cardinal is facing several charges, including several counts of the following:
- Possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose,
- Unauthorized possession of a prohibited firearm,
- Unsafe storage of a firearm,
- Possession of a controlled substance for the purpose of trafficking,
- Possession of property obtained by crime over $5,000,
- Possession of property obtained by crime under $5,000, and
- Failing to comply with the conditions of a recognizance.
He was remanded following a bail hearing and is scheduled to appear in court in St Paul on August 2, 2018.