Notice is hereby given that an election will be held for the filling of the following offices:
|Office(s)||Number of Vacancies||Ward or Electoral Division Number (lf Applicable)|
Voting will take place on the 16t h day of October, 2017, between the hours of 10:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. Voting stations will be located at:
Bonnyville Seniors Drop In Centre 4813 47 Avenue Bonnyville, Alberta
Section 53(1)(b)(i) of the Local Authorities Election Act establishes the general basic requirement for verification of the person’s identity and current residence .
In order to vote, you must produce identification for inspection. The voter must produce (A) one piece of photo identification with name and address that is issued by a Canadian government (federal, provincial, local or an agency thereof), or (B) one piece of identification authorized by the Chief Electoral Officer under the Election Act with name and address.
Types of Government-issued identification under (A) include:
- Operator/Driver’s License
- Government photo identification card (for non-drivers)
Types of Chief Electoral Officer-approved identification allowed under (B) must show the name and address of the elector. Examples of appropriate ID include:
- Bank/credit card statement or personal cheque
- Correspondence issued by a school, college or university
- Income/property tax assessment notice
- Insurance policy or coverage card
- Statement of government benefits (e. employment insurance, old-age security or social assistance)
- Utility bill (e.g. telephone, public utilities commission, television, hydro, gas or water)
- Vehicle ownership or insurance certificate
The complete list of voter identification accepted, is available on the Town of Bonnyville website: town.bonnyville.ab.ca or electors can come into the Town Office and pick up a printed copy of the list or call 780-826-3496 to request a copy of the list.
DATED at the Town of Bonnyville, in the Province of Alberta, this 19t h day of September , 2017.